San Antonio’s Most Relaxed Local Hotspot: The Quarry Market!

 San Antonio is the gift that keeps on giving. It might just be nostalgia from my college years but I recall the city being one of the absolute best places to live in the entire state of Texas. 


And if there’s one place I distinctly remember during my time in San Antonio, it’s definitely The Quarry Market. This relaxed shopping district is located just shy of some of the most prominent universities in the area, including Trinity University and the University of the Incarnate Word. It sports a movie theater, an endless array of great dining options, high-end clothing shopping, a grocery store, upscale housing, and more! 


Word is that the Quarry Market is the local hangout place for all the university students. I remember I myself spent more than several hundred afternoons (as well as dollars) there during my time in the city. It’s also a great spot for local food and charity events including the Alamo Heights Farmers Market and the San Antonio Food Bank Drive. It’s just a great place to be, whether it’s on a lazy weekday out with friends or on a weekend looking for a little action, as well as a slice of the local community. The movie theater in particular is HUGE and always has some great programming scheduled, along with the latest flicks in theaters. 


Needless to say, this place has definitely charmed me, and really just added to my ever-growing love of the San Antonio area. Plus the city, in general, is just so compact and affordable that you can really see how far the quality has been spread across the area, especially when it comes to casually living here. Places like the Terrain at Medical Center, along with Latitude Apartments gave me more than my fill of perfect places to stay for pet-friendly services and top-notch amenities. 


The San Antonio Quarry Market is open year-round. Things might be a little less lively right now due to Covid but I’m pretty positive that things will pick back up again come summer. If you’re interested in seeing its main directory for shops and attractions, visit this handy website HERE


I miss you, San Antonio. You, along with the Quarry Market, are forever in my heart. Until we meet again!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ghoulish Goings at Jacksonville’s 13th Floor Haunted House

Houston’s Botanic Garden Presents Nature Connects!

Good Times at Phoenix’s Cobra Arcade Bar!